Please save yourself some time and go straight to the conclusion.
- Smart ESCs?
- The Wraith32
- Comparison to Aikon/Spedix ES 30 HV
- Comparison to Super Racerbee 30A
- Size and Weight
- Blheli_32 Suite
- Raising the Bar on the World Record
- Flight Test/Video
Inherent in the Wraith32’s name is the fact that it is a 32 bit ESC. Gone are the days of the 8 bit EFM8BB21 MCU: we are now in the dawn of a new generation of ESCs that are using the 32 bit STM32 F0 ARM Cortex-M0 MCU. Although both MCUs run at 48Mhz, these ESCs 32 bit processing power will enable our quads to indulge in a new range of tools to enhance performance.
The Wraith32 35A ESC:
The Wraith is easily the best looking (in terms of quality) that I have seen. However, after installing a set, one of the ESCs just quit – only change I made was reflashing the fc. After A LOT of troubleshooting, the ESC was at fault.
- 35A with 45A burst
- Dshot 1200
- 32 bit STM32 F0 ARM Cortex-M0 MCU @ 48Mhz
- RGB LED
- Current sensing resistor
- Takes commands from flight controller (via dshot) such as make motors beep, enable bidirectional mode, (list will grow as I learn more)
Since the Wraith is a 32 bit ESC, you will have to use the Blheli_32 Suite to do any programming.
- Automatic motor timing
- More precise control if manually setting motor timing
- Set max motor acceleration (helps prevent desync)
- Set max current
- Smoother throttle
- Better handling of spikes in throttle response
Comparison to Aikon/Spedix ES 30 HV:
Comparison to Super Racerbee 30A:
Size and Weight:
Raising the Bar on the World Record:
Since the VX1 is now in the bone yard, the Wraiths will be going into the VXT build. I wasn’t finished seeing what the VX1 can do and I’m hoping the VXT/Wraith/APC 5050s can break the 154.5 mph mark set by the VX1.
I decided not to finish this review due to horrendous quality control. Out of EIGHT of the wraiths, I had THREE bad ESCs. The last straw was when one of the FETs burned up on my 4th flight – I wasn’t under hard throttle, I didn’t crash, etc. Rather than replace the wraith, I decided to ditch them for something more reliable.